ThinkWave, Inc. is committed to protecting the privacy and security of our members. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated as you use our service. The policy may be updated occasionally so please check back periodically.
To ensure our members privacy and the security of their information, ThinkWave, Inc. has taken the following precautions:
- ThinkWave, Inc. uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to enhance the privacy of grades and class results transmitted online.
- We will not sell or share any personal information with any person or organization outside of ThinkWave, Inc.
- ThinkWave accounts are password-protected. (Members are responsible for maintaining the security of passwords.)
- ThinkWave hosts its data on Google App Engine cloud-computing platform and ThinkWave abides by the privacy policies of Google which are incorporated herein by this reference: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacy/privacy-policy.html.
ThinkWave, Inc. uses individual password-protected accounts and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to enhance the privacy of grades and class results transmitted online.
ThinkWave accounts are all password-protected so that only authorized members are allowed to access or view the member information relevant to the account. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. ThinkWave does not ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. Regretfully, no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed completely secure. Given the inherent operation and structure of the Internet, all transmissions are done at your own risk.
ThinkWave, Inc. is committed to safeguarding personal information online. This information is accessible only by individual parent and student ThinkWave ID's and passwords. ThinkWave will not knowingly and directly ask any student for any personally identifiable information, nor will it require any such information for a student to use or access ThinkWave. However, in order to assist the district, school, or teacher (together the "Staff") in school administration and to track its students’ progress, ThinkWave, at the School’s sole option, allows the Staff (not the student) to input the students’ names. It is up to the Staff to register students to give them access to ThinkWave by proving students and parents with the Start Keys generated by ThinkWave. The students and parents then create their own login and password and attach the Start Key to their account. The Staff, and not ThinkWave, solely control, defines and manages the collection, disclosure, communication, management and use of all data, including personal data on this Site. ThinkWave assumes no responsibility to enter, collect, or review any such data.
- Personalize your view on Grades Online;
- Deliver content and advertisements (within our free, ad-supported gradebook and grades online) specific to your interests;
- Estimate audience size; and
- We may measure certain traffic patterns, which areas of the website you have visited, and your visiting patterns in the aggregate.
Our site's registration form may ask users to give us contact information such as name and email address and demographic information such as zip code, age, or income level. We use customer contact information from the registration form to send the user information about our company and promotional material from some of our partners. The customer's contact information is also used to contact visitors when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below. Demographic and profile data may also be collected at our site. We use this data to tailor visitors' experiences at our site, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences. This information may be shared with advertisers on an aggregate basis. Personal information will not be shared with advertisers. ThinkWave will have access to personally identifiable data or information in order to provide services in connection with ThinkWave. ThinkWave may provide personal information to third parties, including but not limited to:
- Law enforcement agencies, if required to do so by official request, law or court order;
- Official school request;
- When disclosure is required to maintain security and integrity of ThinkWave, or to protect any ThinkWave user’s security or the security of other persons, consistent with applicable laws.
This site contains links to other sites. While we certainly try not to link to any sites that contain unsuitable or inappropriate material, ThinkWave, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any sites but our own.
Our site uses an order form for customers to request information, products, and services. We collect visitors' contact information such as their email address and financial information such as their account or credit card numbers. Contact information from the order form is used to send orders, information about our company, and promotional material from some of our partners to our customers. The customer's contact information is also used to get in touch with the customer when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings (see the choice/opt-out section below.) Financial information that is collected is used to bill the user for products and services.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about the visitor on our software request page. Please contact ThinkWave, Inc. if you would like to:
- Remove information from our database to not receive future communications;
- Change and modify information previously provided;
- Ask questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site. Additional Information and Contact
ThinkWave will not knowingly ask a child under the age of 13 for any personally identifiable information concerning such child. We are aware of the policies that protect children, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and the rules adopted by the Federal Trade Commission thereunder. For more information on the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, please see here. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this privacy statement please contact ThinkWave, Inc. at: ThinkWave, P.O. Box 2418, Sebastopol, CA, 95473.